Thread: New iron
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 06:11 AM
auntpiggylpn

Originally Posted by krysti View Post
Auntpiggylpn, I am so glad to hear that you are pleased with yours! Did I miss something, or is there no "OFF" button? Do you have to either use the Auto off or unplug it? Sweetpeaches, I never would have even looked at Rowenta if I hadn't seen the ad. I did like using it; the steam on it is is great; and it is good and heavy. The weight will take some getting used to; but tonight it gave me a good arm workout lol.
Oops! Sorry, just saw you asked me a question! It will shut off after 8 mins upright, 30 seconds if it is tipped over and you can turn the dial to all the way to the end of the "Minimum" marking. I have mine plugged into a surge protector which also has a light plugged into it. When I leave the room for any length of time, I always shut the light off (save electricity, you know!!). By having both the light and the iron plugged into the surge protector, I use the switch on the surge protector to turn them off. I know that as long as that light is off, then my iron is off too!

FYI- and I hope I don't jinx myself - I have had my Rowenta for over a year. It has been knocked off the ironing board more times than I can count (rowdy Shepherds!) and I have to admit, I have knocked it off a couple of times myself. I have had absolutely no issues with it leaking!!! These seems to be the biggest complaint with Rowenta users but it didn't stop me from buying mine and who knows when this one bites the dust what iron I will get for a replacement. I guess I am a "Fly by the seat of your pants" kind of gal when it comes to certain things!!!