View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 06:53 AM
Barb in Louisiana

Originally Posted by mme3924 View Post
Great post!

But now I'm uneasy about the quilt tops I've made that have yet to be quilted. I can't possibly--don't even want to--hand quilt all of them. But as a beginner I now worry that I may have created problems that a LAQ may gnash her/his teeth over. Truthfully, I'm a little intimidated by long arm quilters, I think, and fear submitting a top to be quilted that may make her roll her eyes....or out and out reject it. I don't actually know any, though, so maybe I'll change my mind when I meet some of them. ;-)
I don't think this thread was meant to make someone fear even talking to a longarm quilter. JMHO... find a longarm quilter near you, take one of your tops over to her & ask her opinion about what she can & can't do. Get her to do something simple on it & find out what kind of problems you are having. You may find that you are ok. But, if not, then you will know what to go back & fix. If I were near you, I would tell you to come on over & I would show you how to use my machine & let you have at it. You learn so much even on your very first quilt.