View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 06:57 AM
Tiffany

I've used the interfacing printed with the squares. It is actually quite easy to use. I used it in a watercolor project and somewhere down in my quilt room is another one neatly folded up with a ton of blue squares pinned all over it. I thought I would do the background for an underwater scene using the two inch squares. It's really easy to use. You simply get all your pieces where you want them and then iron them in place. Getting the design from your design board to the ironing board can sometimes be a fun adventure. I found I needed to make sure everything was very secure or my pieces went flying all over the place. :roll:

The printed interfacing works very well but the finished quilt is NOT going to be one you want to do any hand quilting with!! It does add a rather thick layer and until it is washed there is the glue from it that is holding the pieces onto the interfacing, making it even harder for hand quilters, which is why machine or long arm quilting is recommended. Also, you can't be too rough with the pieces before they're ironed into place or they might come off. I hope that helps.
~Tiffany