View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 08:17 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I always take my quilts to the LAers. If fact, she called me last night and asked me which way I wanted my back to lay. I had sewn in a yard of different fabric in the middle of the backing. I told her to do what worked better for her and she said either way was fine with her. I have never had a problem with my quilts. They've always come back looking beautiful. I am one who gives these instructions to the LAer: do what you think will work best. And she always does a great job. Some times I have a custom and we talk about it, but I let her decide what to do with the quilt. I haven't had any wavy borders, I don't think anyway. I've never noticed them. And she's never complained. One time she charged me $10 for ironing and after that I ironed the heck out of my quilt tops. I felt bad that she had to re-iron my quilt. But, it had been at the LAer for 3 months, so I figured it probably needed to be ironed again. I cut all the threads away and pull the threads that are stuck in the seams. I turn it over and cut all the threads on the back so there's no extra threads anywhere. Now, she might have problems with my quilts, but she's never said so and like I said, they always look so perfect when I get them back. I must have a great LAer. I love her work.