View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 08:49 AM
franie

What a wonderful thread. It has been a joy to read about what others have done with retirement and how I relate. I have been retired for about 15 years myself. And quilting was what I wanted to do and I have been doing that ever since. My hubby became ill a yr ago and quilting has kept me from going bonkers but I don't seem to get as much completed as my days at home are constantly interrupted. When he became housebound, they told me to keep my quilting groups up as I needed to have an outside activity away from home and I have done that. Finally even went to a retreat overnight, my first one, this past spring. Not sure there is any retreats in the future though as it becomes harder and harder to be gone overnight. I have a long arm and do for others but the stress level is such that I have given up doing as much for others for $$. I plan to quilt and sew as long as I can. I too spend far too much time on the computer although I do limit it and housecleaning and everything else now in our home is my responsibility. Quilters are my best friends whether on line or in groups. I try to sew every day and hand sew in the evening--does not always happen but 15 min sometimes is the best therapy.