Old 08-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Patricia Faye

Originally Posted by Purl View Post
I have my book! But I am wondering how everyone will be treating the patterns that are too close to the center seam of the book. I have toyed with the idea of bringing it to Kinkos and have them exchange the glued binding for a spiral binding. I have thought about carefully removing the offending pages (3-4) before coping them. Any thoughts? There will be distortion otherwise. The book could be forced open until the binding breaks, but it still wouldn't be flat enough . Getting excited.
Purl

I was able to break the spine of my book & it was flat enough to put on my printer/copier (Kodak Hero 5.1). I didn't have any distortion on the copies I made. I have the spiral binding system that I've been thinking of doing on it, but just haven't gotten around to it. I bought it when I was putting together family tree calendars for Christmas gifts one year (several years ago) & it has been sitting in a desk drawer all this time. I've used it on some of my other books & it works great. I just forget I have it. Out of sight, out of mind! It is the same as Kinko's but a DIY spiral system.