View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 03:07 PM
wordpaintervs

Amyjo:
Its asking a bit much for postage, as last time I sent out a doll it cost Just over $23. It has to be mailed at the mail room as there aren't boxes otherwise that the dolls fit into. The girls are 23/24 inches and the boys are 28 inches high. The fee usually is 4.50 to 5 dollars just for a box. The package went from California to W. Virginia. If you have trims that are 48 inches long (and 2 to 3 or so high) those make the dresses real pretty. I use 4 at least of thinner ribbons that are a yard minimum to tie the waistline with for color. Bright trims really show up well. Fabris I always prewash and have to have a minimum of pre-shrunk one annd a half yards for each doll and have to have two dresseees per doll. (one dress as a nightgown.) Can always use embroidery threads in eye colors, black for eyelashes, etc and red or dark pink for lips. I use light brown eye colors for darker skin tone dolls so it will show up better. Hope this makes sense. Right now I have some money for postage in a non-profit checking account in my small town bank (titled DOLLS FOR SICK KIDS) and it is enough for 3 or 4 dolls, so it is no emergency there. Thanks so much for wanting to help. I appreciate it. I will send a PM with my address.

Vickey Stamps