Old 08-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Gladys - I always love reading your posts!! love the tablecloth too

Sorry ladies for my tardiness - my computer has been hit and miss lately and besides that my daughter's nonprofit application hit a snag with the IRS - some papers were filed incorrectly and I accidentally had sent a draft copy of her articles of incorporation in along with the state endorsed copy .... threw everyone off as it made it seem she was trying to get a nonprofit status for herself as a business She was in the hospital when I threw the application together without paying attention. I was being more "mom" than attorney I'm afraid... At any rate - fixing the fiasco I created has taken priority and I hope to get back and catch up during this catch up week. I am 8 blocks behind oh dear!!!

I havent been able to get online at all for several days so went back to read some posts and pay closer attention to a few I already had seen...

Chay - had a thought on your QAYG. Lay out a row of blocks and measure it - say you have 13 blocks exactly 5.5" unfinished size, this would make the 'string' of finished blocks 65" without sashing. Do the same with your triangles - measure the widest, bottom edges. If they are 5.5" unfinished as well, you need to make sure that whatever size sashing you decide to put in between the blocks in the main body of your quilt needs to be the same as the triangle sections of print or background fabric that goes in between the DJ pieced or appliqued triangles. It may mean that you either have to make those triangles have flat tips - or - put narrow sashing in between them and the DJ tris. If you tell me what the measurements are, I will help you figure it out. Let me know if this makes sense!

Gus