View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 09:39 PM
vagabondindigo

Originally Posted by ssnare View Post
My question still has not been answered. What type of material are you to use for the backing?

In answer to your question, Jennky about my blocks. The background of my blocks is a green with butterflies and yes the picture of my blocks is on a blue bedspread. I have finished quilting my blocks and I will show pictures soon.

Thank you Quilte for the pictures of the different types of quilting. I looked on line and did not get much information.

Regarding the question about the block already quilted and would you use it in a quilt and cut it down or how would you solve the problem. I might make some smaller blocks to fill in so the other blocks would come out the same size as the larger block. Or cut the larger block down and stitch around the edge after it is cut. A third way would be to add borders to the smaller blocks so they were the same size as the bigger block.
ssnare - i believe that was answered previously. You would use whatever fabric YOU wish for the backing. Just cut it to the size rcommended in the tutorial being used. You apply the backing as you quilt each block individually, and BEFORE attaching blocks 1:1 - you are quilting both the front and back of the quilt as you go.

most quilters prefer 100% cottons, but i would want to 'match' the materials you are using in the front of your blocks. You can cut your backing blocks all from one fabric, as seen in the picture below;
[ATTACH=CONFIG]353849[/ATTACH]

or in different fabrics for each block, as seen below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]353848[/ATTACH]
Hope that helps!
Attached Thumbnails img_1403.jpg   blogger-image-1250683515.jpg