Old 08-06-2012, 05:11 AM
Beeboop71

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser
I didn't think of this in time for August's secret box, but how do you ladies feel about non-quilting magazines, like Martha Stewart & Real Simple?

I usually save them to donate to my son's school (cause what 3rd grade class doesn't massacre magazines for art projects?) but his teacher said she's still full from last year.

I was thinking maybe I could stick one or two in the swap packages, but since it's not directly quilting related, I thought I'd better ask first.

Kelly - That sounds like a great idea. I like most others do other crafts aside from quilting and it would be a nice surprise to receive a Martha Stewart magazine or any other crafting mag! I love to see pictures of various things made by others and find it fascinating to see people's creativity. I for one feel you can never have too many mags or books to help along the way of one's own creativity. Although I am guilty of not getting to make as many things as I would like when I do see patterns or projects in the magazines but still nice to know they are there in case time allows.

Well my SP box is almost ready (first secret swap so I am super excited) - just waiting on one item so I should be able to ship it out by the end of the week. Hope she likes what I send cuz I sure had loads of fun shopping and making a few goodies. I told my DH about this site and swap and he thought I was crazy with how excited I was when telling him all about it. hehehe I felt like a little kid and all he doing was smiling and shaking his head....lol