View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 05:21 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

GGal ... a good description of the flower!

Jenniky
... here's some trilliums for you to check out!
http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4SUNA_enCA310CA310&q=trillium+images

As you can see, there are different variations of them. White is the most commonly known, and the first row of pics gives you a good sense of them. The TRI of trillium for their three flower petals and three leaves ... not to be confused with the three leaves of poison ivy!!

They are our provincial flower, and it is illegal to pick them. When I moved here, there were none in the bush. I've since moved several and they have gone forth and multiplied! You can't pick them, but many do move them!!). I always have liked them growing in nature ... and have a few pieces of art featuring them too. Being batik the fabric is not a true-type depiction.

As for the trillium project ... I could abandon Miss Peep ... and QAYG (which I haven't started but want to learn how to) ... and PC has been neglescted ... and then there's my numerous other PUPs that I really do want to turn into DOGS. For now, I'm content with admiring the fabric, oohing, aahing and petting it!

Or in short, just read my siggy ........................