View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 06:00 AM
peacebypiece

to Rose3
Please go to your dealer where you got your machine for the PROPER information. Several digitizers offer designs specifically for what you want to do. Try either "sticky back" stabilizer, or hoop regular tearaway stabilizer and then spray lightly with basting spray. Then stick you quilt "on" the hooped stabilizer. I am not familiar with the Bernina but some machines also have a "fix" or outline feature to use to hold your fabric on the stabilizer.
Your dealer is the best source of advice for process you are not familiar with. The dealer knows features and capabilities of the machine.
One more point. Many dealers host embroidery parties or seminars with a particular digitizer (Anita Goodesign, Floriani, John Deere, etc.) They usually last a whole day for a fee. Yes, you pay for a sales pitch, but you also learn about all the latest products and ideas. At the event they usually have special deals on supplies like stabilizers, designs, thread, etc.
It's a win-win day. You learn from the "experts" and meet new friends and can learn from their experiences.
I have done a quilt with the Anita Goodesign designs on my Viking designer I. Good Luck & have fun.
Alice