View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Lee in Richmond

Originally Posted by WilliP View Post
When I have used it, I find I need to watch the type of needle and weight of it. I also make a point to have a layer of thin regular batting on top of it or even on both sides ---If my table needs the protection of the insulate then the extra warm 'n natural can't hurt and might sop up spills. LOL I use a microtex needle and usually go one size heavier than normal. Does that make sense?
I think adding a layer of thin batting probably would have helped. As for the small cuts, I can't imagine what else would have made them, but. . .maybe fairies? Maybe this whole problem is operator error, and I should cut it down to the batik and start again. I hate to waste the gorgeous tomato fabric of the backing/wrap, but this just doesn't lay right (and there are 10,000 little stitches).

I also need to find a good 1/4" foot, as the two I have both allow me to wander. I bought an after-market walking foot, and need to try that out. BTW, I never mess with needles, and apparently this is a serious matter that I should learn about. I happen to have 3 sizes bought over the years, I am sure by accident, and don't even change one until it starts that popping sound. I'm probably lucky I don't have more problems than I do!