View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Lee in Richmond

Originally Posted by M.I.Late View Post
I guess it depends on what you mean by inexpensive. I have never had this trouble with my Brothers. Is there a diagram showing you which way to load in the bobbin? That should be a two second job. Something doesn't sound right there. Just drop it in - let the 4" piece of thread lay aside... bring down your upper thread by rolling the hand wheel enough that it takes up the bobbin thread. Run your pencil, ripper, anything front to back through those threads and that should send both thread ends to the back of the machine. You should be ready to sew. Or maybe I just can't understand what the trouble is with the thread/bobbin. Can you take a picture of the problem and post that here?
I got a pretty decent picture of the CORRECT way this should look, and hope I can upload it. This machine has a drop-in bobbin with a very primitive (simple) laying down of the tail. My issue seems to be when the needle & top thread come down to grab it, do they grab it right. (The Tech. at the store did say this was related to the top tension, so maybe I will have to spend the $ to get that fixed.) I was always taught to have both threads "up" before starting to sew, so I pull the wheel toward me to draw the bobbin thread up, before beginning.
Attached Thumbnails imgp0954.jpg