View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Pinkiris

Originally Posted by vagabondindigo View Post
jenniky -

the wonderdots are my own creation, lol. I dont think its an item you can get seperately. I use the scraps from varioous projects with wonderunder used, aqs tend to have little bits a ieces of unused wonderunder left pover. Trim them down tot he size i want and voila - wonder dots for things like quick basting.
I recently viewed a disc of quilting made by Nancy Zieman (of "Sewing with Nancy" on PBS) and she used a strip of wonder-under that was about 1/2" wide for basting her quilt. She placed it where she wanted it on the wrong side of her backing piece, pressed it in place with her Clover mini iron, and then tore the paper about a half inch long while keeping pressure on the iron. After applying these "dots" in many places, she peeled off the paper, put her batting over it and pressed it (maybe with a pressing cloth?) using her regular iron. When she was finished doing that all over the backing piece, she did the same "dotting" of the quilt top and peeled off the paper of the Wonder Under and pressed that to the sandwich of batting and backing. It looked quick and efficient.
Seems like this would be a very good way to use up small pieces of fusible that are left over after cutting out appliques. Also a good option for quilters with breathing issues that keep them from using any basting spray.