View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 01:33 PM
vickig626

[QUOTE=vagabondindigo;5420729]
Originally Posted by vickig626 View Post

This is so gorgeous. I LOVE the backing fabric you used, and how the tshirt layout came out. For the tshirt fronts - did you spray baste them to the batting?
Thanks to ALL the nice comments on my grandson's tshirt quilt. I got a BIG hug from him when he opened it too so I know he liked it. Since his mom kinda "stole" the shirts out of his closet, I was afraid he would be upset that she had them cut up but he loved it.

As for spray basting - I think I just pinned it with straight pins. I didn't want to do a lot of quilting which might take away from the shirt names so I marked about 3" in from the edges to create a very wide "echo" type square. Plus, since the shirt itself was stabilized with lightweight fusible interfacing, spraying that side was definitely not necessary. Part of the reasons I took a couple of shortcuts is that I only had about 10 days to complete (I had been very sick the previous 2 months and didn't even go near my sewing room during that time). My step-daughter's co-worker was nice enough to iron on the interfacing to help me out.

I hope that answered your question.