View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 06:25 PM
JanTx

Default Peacocky enough?

I am working on a set of 3 commissioned quilts - which I hope are my first and last commission quilts. The first one is done and was a hit - for a son in the Army. (Pics below)

THEN she wanted one for each of her two other adult kids. One to have purples and the other to be earth tones - featuring rust.

Once I started the "purple" one I got a message to not start the rust one - that one has mentioned that peacock colors are a favorite so can that one have peacock colors. (Of course, I've already collected the fabrics for the earth tone one!)

So - you are seeing pics of the Purple one, but I'm thinking that one can Magic-Chango become ... PEACOCK colors! What do you think? Then I just need to figure out what else I have that's purple.

I've never made a quilt that anyone paid me for. From now on I'll sell things I've already made - but no more "commissioned" products!

The batik fabrics are from Connecting Threads - a bundle of 24 fat quarters for around $40 if I remember it right. The pattern is a Turning 12. The backing is from Hancock Fabrics (not Hancock of Paducah - just plain Hancock!)

NOTE _ the lady who asked for these quilts is a friend and co-worker. I have taught all 3 of these "kids". When asked previously if I'd sell a quilt I've always said, "Sorry, you can't afford me!" with a smile. I'm making these for a ridiculously low price, but ... not again!
Attached Thumbnails dsc02606.jpg   dsc02613.jpg   dsc00001.jpg   dsc00002.jpg   dsc00003.jpg