View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 03:33 AM
Yarn or Fabric

Default Tablet case finished :)

For my birthday, I got the new Google Nexus tablet (which I love by the way) and I wanted to make a nice, personalized case for it. I followed this tutorial - http://sewinharmony.com/tablet-case-tutorial/ which was an easy to understand tutorial once I actually read it right.. and cut the board pieces the right size.... The Nexus tablet is 1/4" longer than the Kindle Fire so if anyone else wants to make a cover, you'd just have to add 1/4" for the height of each piece

Anyhoooo. I won't be keeping it forever- not because it isn't pretty but because when I sewed it together I put the button on the wrong side so now it doesn't sit up like it's suppose to... It's suppose to stand on its own in an angled position... well. Live and learn. It didn't take that much fabric and it was a pretty quick project once I got going....

It has batting inside and I had originally intended to quilt it a bit - right now it only has lines where the pockets are.

I thought I'd share since tablets are so popular.
I am going to purchase a silicone cover for it and later this week I'll quilt up a nice clutch for it to go in to instead. [ATTACH=CONFIG]354109[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]354110[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails tablet-cover-oops.jpg   tablet-cover-oops1.jpg