View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 04:18 AM
sewellie

100 yards of fabric?? In my wildest dreams I could not imagine that being YOUR stash versus a quilt store. You are a very fortunate lady!!

Originally Posted by JanTx View Post
My sewing room is also the dining room - well, you have to be VERY WORTHY for me to turn it back into a dining room even though the basics are still there. When my kids come we either go out to eat or squash around the kitchen table which seats 4. Anyway ....

My husband built me a quilt ladder - http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...y-t195661.html - which I put in the living room where a small book case had been. The items on that bookcase are now sitting in laundry baskets waiting for a place to live in the kids' old bedrooms.

The bookcase ended up in my sewing/dining room and THIS is how that came out! This cures one corner, but takes care of most of my yardage. The tubs still under the window contain backing - anything over 3 yds. Most of the fabric on the bookcase is 1 yard or a bit more. There are over 100 yards of fabric on this small bookcase. The tubs on the bookcase have fabric which is less than a yard - organized by color as well as I could manage it. The hutch which sets next to this window has bundles and kits - more on it later...

More corners will be on display as the story continues....