Old 08-07-2012, 05:20 AM
Chay

Gus, thanks for taking the time to send on your thoughts about QAYG. I understand what you mean. I'll lay out my quilt and look at the numbers.

I did some QAYG practice on some of my out-take blocks. My FMQ skills are pretty lame. I need to practice a lot before I tackle my real blocks. For now, what I've decided to do is put sections of blocks together and quilt them and then attach them to each other using QAYG. But as I say, I need to practice my FMQ a lot before I get going. So now I have blocks laying in piles and will begin sashing them and putting them together in sections.

What I really want to do is put the whole top together and send it to a long-armer but to be perfectly honest there aren't any where I live who I think have the skills to do justice to this quilt - that sounds so snotty but it's true. I spent so much time and money on this quilt that I would be sick if the quilting was bad. So I've put on the brakes and will take my time practicing my FMQ and hope that I can tackle the job myself.

Thanks again. I will keep watching this thread to see how everyone proceeds as they finish up their blocks. I love looking at everyone's work, all those blocks seem like old friends now and it is awesome to see color choices and how skilled everyone is.