Old 08-07-2012, 08:17 AM
grammatjr

Default scrappy reversible quilt to young lady with health issues

There is a young lady (16 yrs old) at church, who has multiple health issues: seizures & migranes that make her locked in her room for days, lights out and everyone tiptoeing around. She also passes out alot, with no notice, face first into the cement!

Anyway, we know it is discouraging for her that the doctors cannot find out what causes her issues or help them much. She gets down that she cannot help with junior church like she would love to do. She cannot attend youth activities often.

So, my granddaughters and I decided to make her a quilt to let her know we love her and are praying for her.

My oldest granddaughter (the 12 year old Avi) did most of the patchwork, while the younger girls (Isa 11, Lily 9 & Emy 7) helped decide the layout and hand off the next piece when it was needed.

I then FMQ swirls and added the binding.

The fronts is scrappy blue, brown and greens. The back is lavender, one of which is butterflies as I printed the poem from my Butterfly Prayers quilt on it. The Butterfly Prayers poem begins "Imagine butterflies are prayers ascending to our Heavenly Father" and ends "each time you see a butterfly, remember you are surrounded by prayers".

She loved the quilt.
Attached Thumbnails kira-front-compressed.jpg   kira-back-compressed.jpg