Old 08-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Got online again....AWESOME!! well, it is 104 degrees outside in Agoura Hills...unheard of - but then I should not complain! thank God for So Cal weather most of the year [can he send more rain once in a while???]

Totally forgot to comment on Katybob's wonderful blocks....beautiful!!!! one other DJ'er up to speed

A note about FMQ [assuming this is free-motion quilting??] I have been struggling myself. A few lessons learned is practice practice practice - even a little bit each time you sit down again. I don't know how many of you belong to a local quilt guild, but here is an idea I try to make use of... volunteer to FMQ a quilt for a charitable organization. There are sooooo many philanthropies - charitable organizations in need of comfort quilts. Our local project linus came to pick up 150 quilts at the end of an adult school 'sewing year' - their rep said they sometimes get 400 requests in a month. Quilts of Valor and similar organizations distribute quilts to our soldiers and their families, Downey quilts gives quilts to children in hospitals... Ami Sims' organization - for Alzheimers collects small quilts the size of a priority mail envelope to raise money for Alzheimers research. My guild collects scraps and donated fabric which we assemble into quilts and practicing your FMQ on them makes you a better quilter and helps those in need of some additional warmth and a smile
Gus

Last edited by Cre8tvlwyr; 08-07-2012 at 02:02 PM.