View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 08:23 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pat75 View Post
When I was a working gal I always made enough for 6 people even if there were only 2 and froze the rest.Now that i am retired I still cook that way so there is more time for quilting.I cooked a 20 bd turkey and stuffing and gravy and am enjoying.I cooked meat balls for 8 and have them as needed i.Had husband grill 10 chicken thighs.I make always more and freeze that way I know what is for supper is healthy has no additives.I just go shopping in my freezer.

You cook the same way I do ... I call it "Planned Overs"

It may be something that can go direct from freezer to oven or microwave or crockpot.

Or the Planned Overs may be something that I have plans on other things to do with it.
Eg. cook lots of rice and freeze in single portions OR remake into something different within the next day or two.

BeckyBoo ... another good help is to have a menu plan. A friend of mine makes hers ahead a week, based on what is in her freezer and does planned over cooking on the weekend. Also, the menu plan gives her a shopping list for what's missing. The night before, you can prep what needs to be done and get what's needed out of the freezer.

Last edited by QuiltE; 08-07-2012 at 08:27 PM.