Old 08-07-2012, 08:56 PM
starshine

Originally Posted by susansomethings
Ok I put my name in for August Sp & I read that we are to keep a $10 limit...but just seen pic's of a Sp who recieved a lot of stuff...looks to me a bunch more then $10 worth. Now I am wondering if what I planned on mailing is not enough...oh my! I don't want to disappoint my SP. This is my first time doing this..now don't know what to send!

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
It's simply not possible for me to stick to a $10 budget - that would barely buy you a FQ and spool of thread here, so I've had to really think about my parcels. Also, the packages have to be fairly small and/or light so the postage isn't ridiculous. Nor have I been able to make anything as I've been having a new kitchen fitted (I'm not really doing much of a sales pitch, am I? lol). However, I've put a lot of thought into them so hopefully the recipients will agree that good things come in small packages I'll find out soon!
It was my understanding that this swap was originally started to have fun getting to know other board members. It has a $10 limit so that there isn't a financial burden to participate. I know last year a couple of people discontinued after a couple of swaps because they couldn't afford more than $10, and didn't have a lot of extra time to make things either, and didn't have huge statches. They felt their sp would be disappointed because their package was smaller than so many others. I think this is why there was a limit set, so it would easily be equitable. (And maybe it is more generous in spirit to try to keep the value within the limit. just a thought). As the hostess says she has no control over what people send.
I would hope that people in the swap would enjoy what they receive and are not resenting receiving a package that may be smaller than others but meets the guidelines.

Knitette- this swap has no requirement to send fabric at all. Fabrics may be a safe bet for a quilter, but it isn't required. You could send items that common things in your region, they would be special and I think enviable (not sure that is a word) because they are imports And even if you are in the states you still are not required to send fabric either. And you are not required to spend more than $10.
Knitette if you sent me a rock from scotland and maybe a wee bit of yarn, and if someone was in Ireland and sent me a belleek cup and nothing else, I'd be doing the happy dance!!!!
So I hope you stay in and participate. Anyone who would resent getting a package that meets the guidelines but doesn't have as many items as another one, should maybe find a different swap. If people are only looking for fabric there are fabric swaps too. This one is about having fun and getting to know each other.

Please stay in and don't feel pressured to compete beyond the requirement, $10 limit and 3 pms; one to Lori that you sent your package to your sp, one to the person you receive your package from, and one more to Lori when you received your package.