Old 08-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Jim's Gem

Default Anyone ever had their Stitch length dial on their Bernina quit working??

I have a Bernina 630. I love my machine, it has been a dream. However yesterday it decided that I may no longer adjust the stitch length any more. The knob for the width still works fine, but not the lower length knob. This, of course, means that I cannot adjust embroidery stitches either. I wonder if there is a spring in there or something that is no longer connected.
My local shop that sold and fixed Bernina's closed last year. There is another shop about 10 miles away that is now selling and repairing. They are still in the "learning" phase of machine repair. I need to get this in but the owner of the shop broke her foot or ankle or something about 3 weeks ago and cannot walk on her foot for 6 weeks so they are not taking in any machines right now.
I can still sew, I have several memorized, saved stitches for quilting with that I am using, just can't manipulate the stitches like I would like.
Anyone else ever had this happen with their Bernina??

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!