View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 06:12 AM
Wanabee Quiltin

I bought a Bernina Aurora when I first started quilting and have sewed on it constantly, even doing the quilting for queen size quilts. I think before you start buying anything, you need to have some experience quilting. If you like the simple quilts without all the fancy quilting, then a long arm is not for you. If you like the embroidery, then maybe the Brother is for you. I personally hate the embroidery so that would be something I would not buy. You have to know what you like and some people take a long time to figure that out. Maybe you need to wait ? They have sales all the time and maybe you can look around. I bought my Bernina on eBay for 1/2 the price the dealers wanted and it has never been in the shop in the 6 years I've had it. I clean it constantly, use only the best thread etc. I have found that there are some options I wish I had now like thread cutting that my machine does not have, but I am keeping this Bernina for now. I also have some vintage machines that are fabulous. Just wait until you know exactly what you are looking for.