View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 06:18 AM
GrammaBabs

I visit here sometime... but could not resist commenting...from reading your note,,, you seem a lot like me... you "love to try"...I debated over buying a frame and machine for it... I am fortunate to afford what i want,, but will NEVER justify the Gammill etc... I have the Grace Pinnacle with the Janome 1600.. i LOVE it... Just the thrill of being able to quilt anything i want,, even just for having quiltied fabric for a tote etc...and i have a ton of fabric.. LOL
My next purchase will be the Bailey.. the largest throat that will fit my Pinnacle...
Go try a "mid/long arm"... you will know right away if your comfortable with it... i mostly do a loop d loop motion... much easier than the stipple.. My whole set up was around 3500.00... but i only have about 10" throat... if you can afford it... get the Bailey.. no bells and whistles.. but i've chatted with Chuck there.. and it's basically a standard machine.. meaning NO fancy stuff...something you can repair easily if need be... I'll never buy any machine that has computer stuff to fiddle with for something like "quilting"... Hope this helps you... Barbara