View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 07:01 AM
gardnergal970

Jenniky...your instructions are excellent. Thanks for all of your work and willingness to share! I finally got my computer up and running so I will post pictures. I started my QAYG before you started this thread so I'm finding problems as I go and then making things up. Thelast picture is with 2 rows attached and the third row with the back showing. When I got to joining the two rows I didn't have any fronts that available to sew together since I had sewed the joining strips from end to end. I don't know if that makes sense but to overcome that, I added a small strip using your method to join the 2 rows together. Worked perfectly but added a dimension to the front of the quilt I hadn't planned on. I'm punting!!! I did make the joining strips on the back the same width as the front sashing so it makes a statement too and gives more dimension to the back. The black fabric is flannel so it stretches and frays and isn't the ideal choice for this method. The first picture shows my little strip. The outer border is the same color and it will be the backing on the sashing too. I'm going to sew front and back sashing on at the same time and then flip them out, iron well and insert the batting and quilt it after it is attached. The middle picture is my next QAYG project. I'll use your method but won't be starting on it immediately. In the meantime, I will be following this thread and hopefully getting my ducks in a row so I don't have so many oops to work through.[ATTACH=CONFIG]354320[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]354321[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]354317[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails photo-48.jpg   photo-49.jpg   photo-47.jpg