View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Jenniky

Thank you all for you great reviews of my tutorials. It's a pleasure and learning experience making them. It's my way of giving back to the QB. I have learned so much here and I want to pay it forward anytime I can.

QuiltE - you never fail to bring a big grin to my face. I put your link in my Siggie this morning when I ran across an acronym I couldn't remember. I thought it would be very handy there for me and anyone else to use. I have been using my 1/4" presser foot except for some reason it didn't click for me to use it for the sashing in this project. I guess because I was sewing on batting I automatically thought of using my walker foot. I think the other reason is I have a 1/4" mark on my walker foot so its just like using my 1/4" presser foot. Always good to have lots of options. I am going to try using the 1/4" presser foot next time for comparison.

The main problem I see that arises with sewing on the sashing to the rows is the pull of the weight of material in the rows. I find there is a strain on the edges of sashing and edges of the row I am sewing. By placing the extra pins a couple inches out actually helps to hold the quilted rows in place and remove the pull and strain on the fabrics under my needle. Not my original idea; I read it somewhere in the numerous tutorials and comments here and there and just applied it to this problem.

Gardenergal - I hope you will share these quilts with me in person when we visit at the retreat. I am intrigued