Old 08-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Landers

"I would like to buy an inexpensive sewing machine with a wider (or longer) throat (I think that's what you call it.) I like to machine quilt and have no problems with a baby size one but with bigger quilts, it's just about impossible to get a good finish with the Brother I have. Now, I saw one at Hancocks for $800 but cannot spend that much right now. Anybody know of a less expensive one I get for now until I save up for the more expensive one? TIA."

You know you are in a great place to buy a new machine! In Texas!!! I have gone every year for the past 5 years to the Houston International Quilt Show. I have brought my BabyLock JewelLong Arm and a new Janome Horizon there the last 2 years in a row. I was looking at both brands for about a year and heard that you can get better deals there. they not only sell new ones but they sell the floor models too! I saved over $500.00 on the Janome and over $1000.00 on my LA.

If you can hold out til October, go to the show and see what deals you can get. also there you can try all makes & models of sewing machines!!

Good Luck on your buying adventure! I am happy for you! It is always nice to get something new!!!