View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 02:16 PM
vagabondindigo

Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
Alright Jenniky, here goes. I found some blocks that I can practice this method on and if it works, great! If not, I won't feel horrible.

I have quilted my first two blocks and have put together my first two blocks. Unlike you, I will stitch my seams by machine, cause I know if I do it by hand, it's likely not to happen. So what I did before sewing my back folded strip down over the seams, was to use my handy dandy little glue stick on the back piece just to help it stay down a bit and then I stitched in the ditch on the front and the back came out nicely. By the way, don't shoot me, but I also used my handy dandy glue stick to baste my batting and block in preparation for quilting. I do a lot of applique, and my glue stick is a favorite tool of mine and I thought it might work and walla! Worked like a charm.

I discovered a fabric glue pen a while back (not sure who makes it, its pink, the glue when wet is blue) and fgell in love with it. When I didnt have it at hand one day I grapped a glue stick from my papercrafting stash and tried it.

Now I use it ALL the time! awesome little tool for quilting! i felt like a fraud, glad to see someone else does it too, lol