Old 08-08-2012, 07:21 PM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

May I make a suggestion? I have a couple books that are completely about the quilting process. They are pretty darn thick explaining all about machine quilting and the different ways it can be done. I hope you have time to sit and read a little, it makes all the difference in the world when you are a newbie quilter. There is a lot about battings, threads, feet, tension, marking, designing... excetera!

The one I like the best is Quilting Solutions. It is the manual they use for the quilting classes my friend took. I just read it and tried the exersizes and learned the basics that way. There is also books, patterns, CD's and even flash drives available for quilting designs that are computer generated to your machine, that are a big help. I have used more than one of these together to finish a quilt. I also have used my french curve and a frixon pen to mark a quilt.

I think the designing of the quilting can be just as much fun as the making of the tops. It is fun to try and figure out what the quilt "needs" and then couple it with what you want it to have.

The only thing I didn't like about the pounce was the lines are so dang thick and I think kinda messy. And like everyone says it is white, so I have trouble seeing it on light colored fabric.

I hope this helps you some. Just remember.. be kind to yourself and realize it is all a learning experiance. Start on something small and work up to the larger quilts.
Red

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 08-08-2012 at 07:25 PM.