Old 08-08-2012, 08:02 PM
kensington

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Kensington, I was wondering since I am unable to travel your way hows about you stop your swaps say in August and you travel around and set us up.. you know you could have a second business here.. wow, all I can say is wow. I don't do a tree anymore but do put green garlands all along the beams with lights and all my glass ornaments, cats cant get them there! In my treeless defense I do have 35 over 100 foot trees in my yard and the national forest literally across the street (ie RIGHT across the street) so I am not actually treeless. And I decorate for each and every holiday.

Next, wow who cleans all those rooms? NOT me. Fantasy home? one bedroom, one bath no dining room and a maid. That is a fantasy home. If I had 7 kids I would well, be still recovering. and your here quilting AND decorating. How old is your youngest?
My youngest is 18, turning 19 this year. My oldest is 38. I have 6 boys and 1 girl. I have 8 grandkids. 6 boys and 2 girls. I have one son in the Army and 3rd year of College, one in the Marines (just returned from Afghanistan), my girl is an exec with Cerner Corp. My oldest is a GM for a Restarant Chain in Wa. DC. and the last 2 starting college next week. My husband just retired April 1 from the NAVY, after 26 1/2 years.

It took me a minute to realize you were saying I could drive from place to place decorating your homes for Christmas. ROTFLOL. I've had offers. I could make a business out of it. I've done it for people. One of the reasons I shut down on crafts the last of November is that it's all I can do to keep up with my own decorating, wrapping, cooking, baking and entertaining. I have to stay focused. LOL. All of my decorating is done by the end of Thanksgiving weekend, then before Dec. 1 we get the real tree and put it up. I love it. My mom did it that way to.

PS... We all keep it clean. I do the main floor.. Living room, dining room, kitchen, Den, craft room, Master bed and bath, and guest powder room. The boys split the other 2 baths and do their own rooms. Unless we are having something here, then Dh and I clean it all from top to bottom. He is a big help. Dh does all the yard work and takes care of the pool. That is his baby.

Last edited by kensington; 08-08-2012 at 08:07 PM.