Old 08-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Eyelets

I was watching the Brother 1500S on AMAZON - what a great machine. You put it in your cart, and then click "Save for later" and then when you go to your cart from time to time the price changes are always in a yellow box on top for the very first hit on your cart. I watched the price go slowly down to 532, and then all of a sudden its now up to 699 again, but it WILL come down sooner or later. I won't be buying the Brother though because in the meantime, I got a great deal on a customer return of a Janome MC6300P at Sew Vac Direct in College Station TX. I have purchased several machines there over the years, all online, so I called when I saw this machine and it said "Call for pricing." Well, I did and I saved over 400 on that machine. And when it came it was pristine - no one even had unpacked it or its accessories at all. People do return things quite a bit - on the phone the very nice gentleman at SVD told me there are lots of reasons, some of which were amusing in a way. Well, anyhow, if you take your time, and watch for deals, you may get the machine you really want. I had wanted that MC6300 for over a year because it has everything I want and nothing I don't - nice variety of stitched without giving me a couple hundred I don't need, knee lift, and auto-cutter. I am really loving the machine. Quiet and powerful. I have another machine with all the bells and whistles that doesn't really FM as well as I want to, but is my favorite sewing machine for garments. However, now that I have the Janome 6300, I am using it for everything for awhile. Patience, and an eye on opportunity pays off. I waited almost 2 years to purchase my main garment sewing machine I previously mentioned (it's a Viking). No hurry, then the price fell as another model series replaced it, and I bit.