Old 08-09-2012, 10:21 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
Default My LAer was so expremely very impressed with my quilt

Yes! My LQS owner just called and said my quilt was ready to be picked up. She went on and on about how my LAer said how impressed she was with my quilt. MY quilt! My quilt with all the stars with all the flying geese that I can't do right. The flying geese that are distorted after I sew them. I always have to fugde them so much to make them fit. I hate flying geese. This quilt was a Civil war BOM and it had 12 star in a star blocks. So, you can figure I had to make a ton of flying geese and not one turned out right. It is a king size quilt. I jazzed up the back of it a little. I cut every thread on the quilt and pulled every stray thread. I ironed the heck out of it. I folded it oh so nicely. But it wasn't 1/4" seams because of the dang flying geese. I had to fugde sooooo much throughout the whole year. I cussed every single month I did the blocks. I even had two borders that each had stars in each corner....8 more stars....more flying geese. And she raved about my quilting. Is she mad???? I was speechless by the time my quilt shop owner got done telling me how much she loved my quilting and how great of a quilter she thought I was and how much she enjoyed quilting my quilt. I know me. I'm not very good. What is going on???? Is it because I cut all the threads and ironed it so well and when I jazzed up the back, I made sure it all matched perfectly? Could that be it? I'm stumped?