Old 08-09-2012, 10:21 AM
PghPat

Originally Posted by KnitnutBZ View Post
I have a Handiquilter frame that I used with a Juki 98 straight stitch machine and I just sold the machine and kept the frame now I use my Janome 6600 on the rollers and it works great. I do have the handles but the hookups won't fit into my Janome ports. does anyone know if there is a conversion kit I could get?? right now I just hold onto the top of the machine itself and it works and I use my stop start button and auto cut buttons. I couldn't believe when I opened up this thread this morning as I just sold my machine and tried my Janome on the frame.
I have a quilting frame made from Richard's pattern that we downloaded from the Internet. I also use my Janome 6600 on it and it works fine. Like you I just move it by holding the top of the Janome and have no problem. You can see how well it moves if you go to Utube and in the search box enter PghPat1 where I have posted 2 videos (first time ever posting on there). One is my first queen sized quilt....a floral log cabin and the other is of a Jellyroll Race Quilt......no, I didn't race - LOL. I am a new quilter. Maybe next video will be better. I won't be making a lot of quilts but is was less expensive to build this and be able to quilt large quilts than it would have cost me just to send the queen size out to be quilted. We built it so that when I'm not using it, the poles come off and store under the table and I have a sewing table the whole width of my room. Love it.

I'm really enjoying reading this thread since I have so much to learn. I am in PA now for the summer but will be back in FL (where my frame lives) in October. Reading this thread make me anxious to get back to it and try out some of the suggestions I've read on here.

Pat