Old 08-09-2012, 01:24 PM
DawnFurlong

Originally Posted by texas8823 View Post
Dawn, I signed up for the Yahoo Group Sew It's For Sale. Sounds like some really good deals on there. Just waiting for admins to approve it. Thanks for the point in that direction.
I hope you find a steal of a deal! Also - wanted to point you to All Brands (www.allbrands.com). The Brother PQ1500 is sold there for $599 with free shipping in the US. Might still be higher than what you can spend now - but they have the best deal out there that I have found. If you can find a dealer that has one that you can try out - then you would know if this machine is for you. I was going in that direction, and then ended up with a Singer 15-91, which I LOVE! Quilted a king sized quilt on it. No, throat/harp not as large as the Brother 1500 - but feels bigger than it is and just love how easy it feels to FMQ (always felt like I was fighting my Janome 4800). Class 15 bobbin too (larger than most). Straight stitch only, no auto anything - but I don't mind. Got mine for $150 with a cute table (many others get theirs for cheaper than this). I use a teflon coated oven sheet from Wal-Mart to help me with moving my fabric around for FMQing (would be the equivalent of the Supreme Slider - but 1/3 of the cost).

You'll have to post a picture of what you eventually end up with! :-)

Ranger - WOW!!! Sticker shock. :-(