Old 08-09-2012, 04:35 PM
ncredbird

Default Need a recipe for Spicy Hot Mixed Vegetable Pickles

Last year I requested a recipe for a Crisp Dill Pickle and one of our members posted her outstanding blue ribbon winning recipe. The one that she provided won over the family completely. Even my 3 year old grandson still says "pickle" every time Dad opens up the refrigerator. The batch I made for them was long gone about Valentines Day of 2012.
My daughter in law loves mixed spicy hot pickled vegetables and buys them in huge jars at the market. She purchases a brand called Mrs Klein's So Hot Mix which contains Cauliflower, Cucumbers, Peppers (Jalapenos), Carrots, Water, Salt, Vinegar, Turmeric, and Yellow Food coloring. Right now I have a lot of odds and ends in the garden that I thought I could use if I had a similar recipe.
I was wondering if any of you have a recipe for something similar? The only thing I can find on the internet is an Armenian Pickle called Tourshi, which I have never eaten and don't know if I could remove the cabbage from that recipe without it affecting the shelf life/ safety of the finished product.
I am hoping one of you generous people might be able to come up with another winning recipe that I can add to my arsenal. Thanks, Ann in Tn