View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 05:11 PM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

Red face Mad Money Wallet ....

I needed a short break and a small project to occupy a couple hours, so I went looking through my scraps and patterns and found this little necklace wallet to do.

It wasn't my favorite instructions to follow, but, I made it through. The longest amount of time was the prep work cutting and ironing the parts to put together this little cutie. It is just a wallet you wear around your neck to those quilt shows or the swap meet when you don't want the burden of a bag to drag around. I had fun with it and I think my long arm quilter will get a kick out of it when I pick up my quilt from her. I always spoil her a little, I'm no dummy! LOL....

The first picture showing the front and the cool button I used, has the envelope of the pattern in the background. I really felt the front needed a little something, something extra if you are gonna wear it to a quilt show. Joann's has the most wonderful buttons. I could spend hours looking around at them. LOL...

Anyway the next pic is the inside. I put a piece of folded up paper in the dollar bill section, there is two rows of credit card and driver's license section. I only wish I had thought to put a little pocket on the outside of the back for the raffle tickets. But, oh well, it is done with it's rat tail cording necklace string. The owl is holding down the security flap. I chose not to put the coin section on in there. I didn't like the way it looked on the picture of the finished wallet. See what I mean below?

I hope you like it. I had so much creative fun making it.
Attached Thumbnails 000_2660.jpg   000_2662.jpg   000_2664.jpg  

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 08-09-2012 at 05:17 PM.