Old 08-10-2012, 04:48 AM
janRN

You're right, Patricia Faye. The 4" minis take very little fabric. I made a few from another pp book and was able to use jelly roll strips. I only used 1/2 of the 3 strips to make an entire block. They're sort of fun, too. The only complaint I had was ironing. When I quilt, I set up my ironing board across the hall in the bathroom. (This forces me to get up at the end of each seam and walk across the hall so my butt doesn't get any bigger-I consider it exercise LOL). If I do any more 4" blocks, I'll get a really small iron to put on my sewing table. Some of the seams are only 5 or 6 stitches and that was giving me a little too much exercise.
Went on a FART yesterday to try to pick up some Christmas fabric which is what I plan on using. Most places are already out of Christmas fabric but did find a few. I guess most quilters purchase Christmas fabric by July 1 so they can get started on projects.
I love the fabrics everyone has shown so far. It will be exciting to see the blocks made in all the different fabrics.