View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 05:28 AM
suziehammond

Red face Aww!

Originally Posted by debbieumphress View Post
I actually read and looked at every page on this thread. Learned so much and thought everyone's art creations to be inspiring....Love that newbies tried and succeeded and those experienced shares so much. Thanks for letting me take a peek.
Anytime you want to come out and play we are ready to hear about it and see your experiments!

--------------------
Down here I have been playing with paint. DD has a BD is this month and we are visiting the US in Sept so I am doing a 'watch TV sofa quilt' for her and bringing it back up. (Bet you didn't realize that this is a whole quilt category by itself

I needed some fabric to simulate a Dalmation mix doggie, to go with weird colors. Due to my lack of fabrics here, no polka dots for some reason this winter, I've been splatting paint to make my own. Also needed some kitties in soft greys and again tried some paint wash techniques.

The great thing is that it doesn't matter what kind of fabric I get out of it...it will be used somewhere eventually. Since there are NO fabric paints down here I had to look up how to use regular acrylics and stabilize them for normal fabric use. Turns out you can just...well, use them.

The hand on these is fine after washing as I wasn't trying for really loud vibrant colors. Of course the colours are much lighter and so what is in these blocks is the 'after' of several washings.

Anyone else who has done any of this type of acrylic with fabric without a special fabric medium? I'd love to hear about your results. Anything I can do without all the 'special' products is appreciated. I am a pioneer in the wilderness here with only the very basics available..................
Attached Thumbnails dog-q.jpg   dogface.jpg   kitty-body.jpg