Old 08-10-2012, 06:44 AM
Elisabrat

Marcialee, its up to you goofy. Every quilt tells you (grin) how to do it. You can add a sashing between each of the blocks, kind of like framing them? then you can add a border top and bottom and sides if you like and the best part of it all is its all done right. Lay it on the table,floor whatever and see if you like it all together. Its called auditioning your fabrics? then you can try a piece in between, stand back see if you like how that looks, then try adding another fabric to the sides or top and stand back does it work? sometimes what works in our heads maybe is different from reality. Same with picking your fabrics .. squint.. does the color work? you know I am sure. I have quilts with and without sashing I have done. All of mine have borders but probably just to extend the sizing a bit..and to accent the center blocks. I am sure whatever you chose will be the right thing .. Good luck! Go to the pics here of finished quilts and see what others are chosing and if you like it. Personal kind of thing right everyone?

I wonder if we come up with a chorus line dance/song if we could get more to join? I know if I sing they might join just to shut me up. Ok, here goes... Free Fabric yes there is yes there is! Free fabric yes there is! Full mailboxs and lots of chat, we got free fabric here yes there is! I will keep singing to all the lookie loues who have not signed up. This song is for you.. we love you truuuuuly truuuuly, join the gang and have some fun.. we love you... (are they signing up yet?) DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU. Chickens.. (not sure that is the right approach).. um.. please? pretty pleeeeze?