View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 08:29 AM
sewmom

Default String quilt for Family Reunion

My family reunion is this Sunday August 12 and i wanted to make a quilt for the raffle. after seeing the string quilts on this board, I really wanted to make one. Here is my result. i had a great time putting the blocks together and reliving each string-this was so and so's baby quilt, this was my DD's dress' DS's boxers, etc. the quilting didn't come out quite as nice as i would've liked(it always looks better in my mind), but all in all i am very happy with it. i posted it on FB and got lots of positive feedback to stroke my ego. ha ha
it is lap sized and did not even make a dent in my string stash! this quilt was virtually cost free-the backing fabrics came from Salvation Army store, strings from my scraps. i did buy the black Kona because I wanted the centers the same. the batting was from my stash of batting. now i need to make about 50 more to use up my stash! LOL
Attached Thumbnails reunion-quilt-001-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   reunion-quilt-003-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   reunion-quilt-002-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg