Old 08-10-2012, 08:30 AM
Deborahlees

Cool California Heatwave, Flex Alert today.....

I live in Southern California, it was 107 in my backyard yesterday, today they are predicting hotter..... I slept last night with the AC running all night and I did nothing but toss and turn all night...
A Flex Alert has been called, asking us all to reduce our electricity useage....and I am more than willing to do my part.....So I will make the sacrifice and not run the vacuum cleaner, I will not do any laundry, I will not run the dishwasher (just let them stack up or switch to paper plates)...instead of opening my refrigerator I will get all my ice from the door dispenser.......I will even go so far as not to cook and heat up the kitchen (pizza delivery tonight)....but I kinda will draw the line at that I will not un-plug my computer, I will not un-plug my sewing machine, I may give my iron a break, but I will not turn my thermostat up to 78....all else fails, I will go shopping at my local quilt store for the afternoon...... And that is my story and I am sticking to it.....
It really is too hot to sew, quilt or even think....lots of TV today and every quilting program on my DVR will be reviewed again.....