View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 09:01 AM
vickig626

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
I love my Baby Lock - wouldn't trade her for anything. But then, she has a lot of features that I don't need. When I research a machine, I write down the MUST HAVES, the WANTS or WOULD BE NICE and find models that support the features. Then I read lots of reviews. Patternreview.com has lots of info on machines by users. Then I go test drive the ones I select. From there it comes down to fit and price.
I'm with you - LOVE LOVE LOVE my Babylock. There's a new machine with the quilter in mind - The Symphony. Local prices here (MI) is around $1800 (that's what my neighbor paid for hers). She is very happy with this machine. She was an avid Janome owner but once she started using the Babylock machines when we meet for our Project Linus group, she really liked The Symphony. I have an older model (Esante) which is sewing and embroidery combo. It's only been in the shop once in 4 years to have it cleaned and replace a bobbin case (from too many broken needles)....all my own fault.

So, as others have suggested -- check out some of the different machines, decide what you gotta have, would like to have and really don't need, and sit down and actually sew on them, then decide what's best for "you".