View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 03:00 PM
quiltmaker101

Hi, I'm Wendy and I am a Fabric-holic. I think I also have some other fabric disorder, since I seem to always wish I had more than what I bought, and I wish for a Fairy Godmother to grant me an unlimited fabric allowance. I also wish to be cloned so one of me can stay home and make more quilts.

I have been on the quiltingboard for over a year now, but I never actually did this Introduce Yourself thing. I live in Pensacola, FL (since mid 2004) and I got here just in time for Hurricane Ivan. I spent most of my life in Southern California, and I do not miss it. I do miss a few of the quilt shops though!

I am married ( for the 3rd and last time ) and I have a 22 yr old son and 19 yr old daughter from my first marriage. My son is married already! No grandkids yet. We can keep it that way for a few more years. My DH has two teenage daughters that are not part of his life at this time, but he is hopeful!

My sign in name is Quiltmaker101. My current avatar is my king size quilt Leaving California, from McCalls Quilting October 2002 cover, but I have changed the name to make it mine. That magazine cover made me want to make that quilt - my first quilt of many. Now it is a compulsion - an addiction - a rewarding and frustrating outlet for my creative energies! I love it!

I love everyone I have met here on the board so far. Y'all are so fun, funny, friendly, helpful and encouraging! I really look forward to seeing who is in the Chat room, and who has posted new work!