Old 08-10-2012, 12:51 PM
purplefiend

Nancy,
I bought a 1/4" x 84" belt from Cindy Peters, it arrived yesterday and I shortened it and got it put on. I thought about buying a roll of belt leather rather than just a belt. My new Pfaff is in very good condition, only needed to have the spider egg sacs vacuumed off and the machine and treadle delinted and oiled. After I installed the new belt, I sewed on
a scrap of fabric; it sews very nicely and no clanking or squeaking anywhere.

However I didn't get to sew for very long. I was talking to Cindy on my cell phone and not paying attention to where I was walking. I tripped over a laundry basket that was in the hall. I'd gone to get a spool of thread from the treadle room and a UFO that I'm piecing. I fell really hard(hardwood floors here) and thought that I'd broken my hip, I managed to get up off the floor and I couldn't move my left leg. So....I called 911 and the EMT's were sent to my house; took a trip to the hospital and spent the next 7 hours in the ER. The x-rays and CT scan showed nothing was broken in my knee or hip; only lots of soft tissue damage. My left knee,hip and cheek are scraped and bruised, lots of pretty colors.
I won't be treadling for a while.
Sharon W.

Last edited by purplefiend; 08-10-2012 at 12:58 PM.