Old 08-10-2012, 12:58 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
Nancy,
I bought a 1/4" x 84" belt from Cindy Peters, it arrived yesterday and I shortened it and got it put on. It works so nicely. I thought about buying a roll of belt leather rather than just a belt. My new Pfaff is in very good condition, only needed to have the spider egg sacs vacuumed off and the machine and treadle delinted and oiled.
After I installed the new belt, I sewed on a scrap of fabric; it works so nicely.
However I didn't get to sew for very long, I was talking to Cindy on my cell phone and not paying attention to where I was walking. I tripped over a laundry basket that was in the hall. I'd gone to get a spool of thread from the treadle room and a UFO that I'm piecing. I fell really hard and thought that I'd broken my hip, I managed to get up off the floor and I couldn't move my left leg. So....I called 911 and the EMT's were sent to my house; took a trip to the hospital and spent the next 7 hours in the ER. The x-rays and CT scan showed nothing was broken in my knee or hip;
only lots of soft tissue damage. I won't be treadling for a while.
Sharon W.
Sharon, Sorry to hear of that accident. Glad that you didn't fracture hip or knee. Hopefully you will be treadling again next week so that you can enjoy that Pfaff treadle!!