Thread: Design Wall
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 08:00 AM
laralea

Hello All!
This design wall is designed to be multiple sizes. The full size is 6' x 6' built in 2 ft sections, so it can be set up with any where from 1 to 9 sections. We did some testing to determine if it worked better to have 2 or 3 legs and to put them on the top or in the middle. We decided that it is actually more stable with the legs in the middle and 2 legs is plenty. The legs have 2 sections joined with a coupling. It's very portable. The fabric is clamped on with snap clamps. You can see them at snapclamps.com, but it's not the best place to purchase them unless you purchase large quantities. If you want some tips, just let me know. I purchased flannel from Walmart. They actually have a fairly heavy flannel and it works perfectly. I didn't have any quilt blocks with me to put on it, so I'll post a photo with them on it later. Anyway...I'm looking for feedback, thoughts, etc. on my design. Whatcha think???

design wall with 3 legs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]50179[/ATTACH]

Design wall with 2 legs.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]50191[/ATTACH]

design wall with flannel.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]50192[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-50179.jpe   attachment-50191.jpe   attachment-50192.jpe