Old 08-10-2012, 01:22 PM
twinkie
Power Poster

Default TWINKIE MEETS KRIS2011 for the benefit of PROJECT LINUS

Several months ago I started to organize my sewing room (not that it really needed it LOL). I began putting my stash on acid free Comic boards. This is a large undertaking, so I was going to purge what material I thought someone else could use. If I lived to be 100, I couldn't use all the material I have acquired. Then, while working on this project, I fell on the stairs at Guntersville State Park Lodge on April 23. I really messed up both of my shoulders and 1 knee. Things have been put on hold while recouperating from the three surgeries I have had since then. However, I had given away some material in the past but needed to do it again. But where? I had already given to my Quilt Guild and a few friends but where now?

I was in the QB chat room and I was reading what had been posted. One of the members mentioned Project Linus and I thought, "Bingo, this is where I could give some material to". When I tried to talk to Kris2011, she had left the room so I sent her a PM. And, would you believe she lived about 1 1/2 hours away from me. After quite a lot of planning, phone calls and changes in plans, we were able to get together last Saturday. I had 4 large boxes of material including a lap quilt for a teenager and a baby blanket that both needed binding. Kris was glad to get the material and I was glad to give it. I am so glad the material has found a good home. We met half way at my daughters home in Dug Hill Alabama.

Here are a few pictures of our meeting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]354759[/ATTACH]This is Kris petting my daughters dog Jake

[ATTACH=CONFIG]354760[/ATTACH]On the left is Twinkie (sorry about the ice pack) and the right is Kris

[ATTACH=CONFIG]354761[/ATTACH]This is Kris leaving with the back seat full of garbage bags of material

[ATTACH=CONFIG]354762[/ATTACH]Saying Goodbye

Hope you enjoyed our little story
Attached Thumbnails kris-2011.jpg   twinkie-kris-2012.jpg   kris-leaving.jpg   kris-leaving-2.jpg  

Last edited by twinkie; 08-10-2012 at 01:33 PM.